It was the kick heard around the world. The video shown below shows Solange Knowles, Beyonce’s sister, punching, kicking and even spitting at Jay-Z. All week long there’s been speculation about why it happened. Reports ranged from Jay-Z wanting to run off to a Rihanna party without Bey and Solange to Jay-Z flirting with Dame Dash’s ex-wife just a little too much, setting off Solange. We don’t know why it happened. And probably never will, but here are a few things we do:
- It happened. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but there’s no real denying what happened in the video.
- After, Jay-Z left the Met Gala in one vehicle, while Beyonce and Solange left in another.
- In the aftermath, all, except one, pictures were removed from Solange’s instagram that had Beyonce in it
- Beyonce has since posted a few pictures of her and her sister and one of her and Rihanna on her instagram
- It was reported that the guy who sold the video to TMZ got paid $250,00
- That same guy was fired from his job from the hotel.
- He probably doesn’t care because he’s $250,000 richer
- Earlier today they released a statement that didn’t give any explanation as to why it happened. It basically just told us to get over it. (You can read the statement below)
Long story short, keep speculating world. As usual, Jay and Bey will keep letting you and your speculations will probably help earn them a nice piece of change in the process. Maybe this time, Solange will get a cut ;-).
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it. Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family… The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.” [AP]